Looking ahead to Fall16
MacD has hit the buying shows in Toronto, Vancouver & Las Vegas to prepare for the Fall/Winter 2016 season. Here’s a look ahead of what’s to come.
The King of Shoes was actually impressed! Buying Cole Haan was exciting… the year of the Wingtip is upon us. Look for them in refreshing colours like merlot and smoke. This multipurpose shoe will fulfill every wardrobe need, from pairing with anything from jeans to sport coats, and of course, suits. MacD says, “You’ll look at them and you’ll just know. You’ll want a pair in every colour.”
Fall will also see more of the MacD endorsed Geox fashion runners. They are an amazing combination of colour and comfort, featuring the patented Nebula sole technology. This is the sneaker MacD says you can “wear without looking like a dork.”
New & Continuing Trends
- Sport coats continue to dominate the fashion world and we are seeing a greater emphasis put on the quality and comfort of the fabrics. These new age sport coats have a beautiful stretch, are extremely lightweight and breathable. Combining both fashion and comfort, these are not your old school sport coats.
- Accessories are still the number one way of creating your own personal style and there are tons to choose from.
- 3 piece suits are a continuation of last year’s more polished style, but kicked up a notch. MacD says the selection of fabrics made it the easiest to buy in years. The fit is “lean and mean.”
- Dress shirts from Eton have entered a whole new level of fun. Their new colours and patterns have made it easy to get a crisp, well dressed look without the need for a tie. MacD says, “You don’t need a tie to knock it out of the park.”
- European style is coming! Get ready for colourful chinos worn cuffed up and paired with unstructured sport coats, no socks (or our favour no-show socks from Marcoliani) and those versatile Wingtips.
- Denim – all MacD can say is, “Worn and torn is back. Get ready!”
The Limited Editions are absolutely outstanding. The small details and prints are absolutely phenomenal. Collectors – be sure to keep your eyes peeled for these beauties.
The new Rock Icon Collection will be worth the wait… but our lips are sealed. You’ll have to wait to find out who they’re featuring this year!
All this and more coming to you for Fall/Winter 2016